2 Peter 3:14

"So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with Him." 2 Peter 3:14

Our hope motivates our lifestyle! The end has been set and God's promise of a new heavens and earth is sure, now our responsibility is to live spotless lives. We don't know when He is coming back, it will be like a thief, and we don't want to be caught off guard. Certainly God's desire is for us to live spotless lives, which means that we are blameless and at peace with Him. I do not believe that only the spotless receive this inheritance. The Scriptures are clear that we are saved because of the person and work of Christ on the cross, and salvation is not of ourselves. So what benefit does living a blameless life that is at peace with God bring? I don't know about you, but I don't want to be ashamed of the way I am living when Jesus returns. Certainly, as a follower of Christ, it is no fun to be living a life that you know is disobedient. It just stinks! There is no peace because we know that we are grieving the Holy Spirit, but there is no greater place to be than living in the center of God's will, completely at fellowship with Him! Am I spotless? Will I be found blameless and at peace with Jesus? Is there anything in my life that I know is grieving the Holy Spirit? Am I doing anything that I would be ashamed of if Jesus were to return today? Lord, help me to live a life that is pleasing to You! A life that is spotless, one I would not be ashamed of if You were to return today. Help me to embrace the hope You have given, knowing that the end of the book has already been written, and the inheritance that You have given will come to be. Thank you, Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating a Culture of "Pride" as a Christian

Humanism in Christian Clothing

Why Israel Still Matters in God's Plan