1 John 5:9-12

"We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is much greater because it is the testimony of God, which He has given about His Son. Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about His Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, He who does not have the Son of God does not have life." 1 John 5:9-12

I love apologetics, but the one thing that I find hard to reason with people, who want no part of Christ, about is this confirmation in my Spirit about the things of God. I know that I know that I know that Jesus is the Son of God and has given me life! I know this testimony to be real because I live with this reality in my heart! God has testified about His Son in my heart through the working of the Holy Spirit, but how do you explain this to someone who does not know the Lord Jesus? You can't! John says that they have rejected the testimony about Jesus and will not understand the inner testimony of God's Spirit. As people, we long for eternity! Even if we don't believe in the God of the Scriptures, there is a longing for eternity. God has set eternity in the hearts of men. That's why we talk about eternal things! That's why most people refuse to accept the fact that once you're dead...you're dead! Eternity has been placed in our hearts! Well, God's testimony is that He has indeed given us eternal life and that life is only in His Son, Jesus! Its simple, we've been programmed to long for eternity, and God has provided the only way! What is the biggest objection to people comming to Christ? There are many, to be sure, but I wonder if there are two major reasons. The essence of the Gospel is to surrender your life to Jesus as Savior and Lord of your life. We don't like to give up that control! Second, I wonder how much of a role that abuses in Christianity have played. Legalism...which just sucks the life out of a person and models a belief system with no grace and a check list spirituality! "If I do this and that, then I will be spiritual!" It's a system that demphasizes a person relationship with the Living God to make way for the do's and don'ts of life. OK, this entry sounds really random, but that's where my thoughts were leading me! I am just confused as to why so many people, who don't believe there is a God, become hostile to Christianity. What does it matter then? I think there is more to it then that. I believe they are resisting an internal knowledge of something bigger than themselves and are working hard to nulify this struggle. As far as I am concerned, I don't need to prove God nor reason Him (which is quite impossible to reason an infinite deity), because I have His testimony about His Son in my heart!

God, thank You for giving me life and confirming the testimony of Jesus in my heart through the Holy Spirit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating a Culture of "Pride" as a Christian

Humanism in Christian Clothing

Why Israel Still Matters in God's Plan