Hebrews 2:5-9 (Relate)

God's ways are not always our ways! I can't help but think about that phrase after studying this passage. I mean think about it! You have a whole people group that was misguided as to the purpose and timing of the Messiah's coming and reign as king. This is even evidenced by the question the disciples asked at the ascension... "Lord, when are you coming back to set up the kingdom of Israel?" Kingdom of Israel? God had much bigger plans than that. He has a plan that includes every tribe, every tongue, and every nation... all people groups!

Now Jesus preached this often while He was on earth. He said, "For God so loved the WORLD." Jesus said he didn't come into the WORLD to condemn the WORLD but to save it! He has much bigger plans then what the religious leaders had anticipated. Our ways are just not His ways.

Have you ever looked at life and asked God why? God, why would you allow ______ to happen? Sometimes we sit in judgment on God because we think we know best how to run the world and fulfill God's purposes, but God's ways are not our ways. This reminds me to take a step back and look at who God is, rather than what is happening in my world, and affirm His sovereignty. He is God and I am not! He thinking is greater, His sense of justice is greater, His love for the world is greater, and His wisdom is greater. His ways will never match up to my ways... they will always be greater.

This gives me a sense of confidence and clarity about life. If I live my life constantly challenging God by calling His actions into question, I affirm that I don't believe He is really God. I can let it rest, knowing that He knows best and what He does is ultimately good for those who love Him and are called according to His purposes. God's ways are not my ways... and I need not make them so!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating a Culture of "Pride" as a Christian

Humanism in Christian Clothing

Why Israel Still Matters in God's Plan