Chosen - Eph. 1:11-14 part 1

"In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of His glory. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of His glory."

I am chosen... A concept that is debated so often among theological circles, yet when I look at Your Word, it jumps out at me as if trying to get my attention. I am chosen... Why is it such a hard thing to accept? I am am not trying to manipulate Your Word, God, rather I am reading it and it seems plain. I am chosen... I am letting that truth sink in a little and it brings me to a place of thankfulness. Why would You show such grace to me? Why am I included in the "purpose of Your will"? I am chosen... I was before the creation of the world that I was chosen. It was because of love, that you predestined me to be adopted as your son through Jesus. I don't know how it all fits together, but there is one thing I know for sure... I am chosen! And for that I am thankful and humbled before You, my Father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating a Culture of "Pride" as a Christian

Humanism in Christian Clothing

Why Israel Still Matters in God's Plan