Selling out! Eph. 3:1-7

"1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles-- 2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power."
Eph. 3:1-7

What are you willing to sell out for? I can't help but ask myself that question when I read these words of Paul. Paul was not communicating that he was stuck preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, but that, for their sakes, he was literally put into prison because of his willingness to serve the Gospel. He was willing to sell out for the sake of these people! Now get this... he used to hate these people!!! What changed? God's grace showed up and Paul's heart was changed. God, through the Spirit, revealed the mystery of the Gospel and Paul jumped in! Salvation was not just for the Jew... probably a big shocker to Paul. First of all, he didn't believe that Jesus was the Messiah, then he is hit with the news that Jesus wants him to share Gospel with the Gentiles because God was offering them salvation. Not only was salvation being offered to the Gentiles but God was telling the apostles that Jews and Gentiles were one! OK, let me paint this a different way. Can you imagine waking up one day and finding out that everything you were taught and lived for all your life was wrong and God was asking you to do the opposite? How did Paul do it? God's grace working through His power! God shifted Paul's thinking to a point that he was willing to sell out for God's heart! He's a prisoner because of God's heart... He serves the heart of God!

There is no greater joy than to sell out for the heart of God! God loves people! He "so loved" the world that He willingly sent His Son, who willingly went to the cross and died, and powerfully chose to defeat death! To what end? To rescue undeserving people from the demand of His justice, giving them an eternal inheritance and dwelling place with Him! What is God's heart? To see people rescued! Are you willing to sell out for His heart? Am I willing to sell out for His heart?

Lord, may my heart conform to Yours! Give me the grace you gave to Paul that so powerfully moved him to sell out for Your heart! I need courage... enable Your servant to be bold and unrestrained by my own fears which keep me from selling out! I am Yours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating a Culture of "Pride" as a Christian

Humanism in Christian Clothing

Why Israel Still Matters in God's Plan